Capalaba FC Miniroos Player Grading & Team Placement
Friend Request Form (FRF)
download the form here
In line with our community club aspect we do realise that playing with your friends is what makes team sport in most cases. Therefore, we have created a Friend Request Form (FRF). In general, we attempt to fulfill FRF for all players that are registered and paid by the advertised deadline.
Instances where this maybe not be possible:
- one or more of the players listed in the FRF are not registered by the deadline
- one of more of the players listed in the FRF are unpaid by the deadline
- one of more of the players listed in the FRF have asked not to be placed with the player
- If a combination of FRFs mean there are not enough spaces in a team for all the combined players
- If placing all of the players listed in the FRF together means we have no volunteer parent coach from the group to conduct the training and games on behalf of the team
Please remember that we ask that:
- all players in FRF forms are registered and paid before the deadline
- that parents have spoken to the parents of players in FRF forms to ensure both players have listed each other - that parents understand that to be able to fulfil FRF that we may need to move a / the players out of his or her existing team into a new team. We do not move players not listed in a FRF out of their existing teams to accommodate other players’ FRFs.
Under 6/7 age group your competition is ungraded therefore we usually have a much higher success rate.
Under 8-11 age group the competition is graded into 3 ability levels. Our priority is to place players into the level of competition that best fits their ability first, before considering friend requests.
Training field and time allocation
We book team training on field availability and coach availability first, before considering if all the players can attend. You can use the FRF to let us know which night of the week you CANNOT train. However be aware this will affect the likelihood of us being able to fulfil your FRF.
Under 6-11 Grading Process
Teams in these age groups are graded on skill, ability and performance. In these categories we have Gecko (Beginner), Goanna (Moderate) and Komodo (Academy) teams.
We prioritise team placement at the correct level for player development before considering any Friend Request Form. If two players wish to play together and they are both graded in the same ability level, then we will do our upmost to ensure they are in the same team.
Players should attend the club’s grading sessions to be placed in a suitable team, according to their ability level.
If a player doesn’t attend one of the grading sessions then they will be placed in a Gecko level team.
Under 6/7 Teams
There is no trials for these teams - the club will hold a muster day during January 2019 where registered players can be placed into teams in preparation for the season.
The club runs Academy teams at Under 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Trials for these teams will take place as follows :-
Under 8's - Monday 14th October and Friday 18th October 5pm-6pm
Under 9's - Monday 14th October 6pm-7pm and Monday 21st October 5pm-6pm
Under 10's - Wednesday 16th October 5pm-6pm and Monday 21st October 6pm-7pm
Under 11's - Wednesday 16th October 6pm-7pm and Wednesday 23rd October 5pm-6pm
Under 12's - Friday 18th October 6pm-7pm and Wednesday 23rd October 6pm-7pm
Under 8-11 Goannas and Geckos
Trials date have yet to be confirmed but will be posted here and on our social’s when confirmed.
Under 12 Grading
Players in under 12 will be placed into teams based on their level - these teams will be entered into Football Brisbane’s grading rounds where the team will be then placed into divisions based on their results in the grading rounds - trials for the under 12 teams will be held in 2020. Details will be posted here once confirmed.