Pink Weekend Update: Wednesday 9th August
With Pink Day Weekend quickly approaching, the club wanted to give you an update on a few key items:
- Pink Day Shirts: They have arrived!! They have been sorted (thanks to a great bunch of volunteers) and are ready for pickup this afternoon. Please come and see Shaun at the Club Shop for pickup between 5.15pm and 6.30pm. They must be picked up by either the Manager or Coach of your team. When you pick them up they will need to be counted, checked & signed for, so please allow enough time when picking them up. NB. They also can be picked up tomorrow between 5.30pm & 8pm.
- Chocolate & Coloured Hair Spray Donations: Please can any chocolate donations or Coloured Hair Spray donations be brought in to the club as soon as possible. We need to organise them for the Lob-O-Choc activity/Hairspray,face-painting activity over the weekend. The team with the largest donation will win Pizzas for your training next session.
- Gift Race Names: We need two nominated names from your team as runners to participate in the Annual Capalaba FC Gift Race (Staggered Race) ASAP. We need the runners name and parents email address so we can email all the race details to the runners. Female Runners need to make sure that they can come to the BPL Mens game on Saturday, 6pm, Male runners need to make sure they can come on Sunday to the BWPL Ladies game at 4.30pm. The race will be conducted at half-time, with prizes, trophies for the winner. They will also have bragging rights & promoted as the club’s fastest male/female runner! Please email Shaun the details ASAP. It is requested that each team nominate a MINIMUM of two runners. The race was a fun event last year. If runners would like to dress up in novelty clothing you are more than welcome!
- Coffee Machine: Capalaba FC is looking at purchasing a Coffee Machine so that the profits can be invested back into the Junior/Miniroos program. If anyone knows anyone experienced who would be able to volunteer to make & serve the coffees, please contact Shaun on 0403377206 or email. The club will be running a training session on how to use the machine. Ideally, we will be introducing the Coffee machine this weekend!
- Pink Weekend Volunteers: To make sure the weekend is a success and we raise as many funds for the cause as possible, we need people to volunteer some hours across the weekend (11th - 13th August). There are multiple stalls and activities across the weekend that need people to supervise, setup and assist. If you know your availability please email Shaun, so that we can organise a roster. The more parents/people/players/members that can help, the easier it will be for everyone.
- Sunday $50 per Goal Donation: Bayside Kitchens / KIMU Joinery, who are the proud sponsors of our BWPL Reserves team, have kindly offered to donate $50 per goal scored by any of the 9 Capalaba FC teams playing on Sunday for Pink Day! So get your shooting boots on!